PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil @ Boyd's rain date?

RayCook53fan
03-28-2017, 02:03 PM
The forecast is looking worse and worse for Friday at Boyd's, I wonder if there would be a rain date, or if it would just be cancelled?

acetone
03-28-2017, 02:26 PM
race will happen. may be wet in parking lot, but rain will move out.

3 wide
03-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Don't worry about the rain need too worry about what they are going to do about that one lane race track they got.

3 wide
03-28-2017, 08:31 PM
I thought they would fix it in the off season but it don't look like it.

RayCook53fan
03-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Don't worry about the rain need too worry about what they are going to do about that one lane race track they got.

lol I've seen good and bad there my friend.

3 wide
03-29-2017, 05:55 AM
When the Harvey's had the race track it was good the weekly races were even good but the people that bought it fired everybody and now they don't do anything to it I don't know if they don't know how or don't care.

racer41
03-29-2017, 06:46 AM
the track was fast a couple weeks a go was in the low 13 seconds

upaginit in North GA
03-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Good forecast now.

RayCook53fan
03-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Good forecast now.

Just saw that, looking forward to it!

squaredup12
03-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Been going to Boyd's for a while now. I agree that when the Harvey's had it the TRACK, the actual racing surface, was much better than it is now. The folks now have the experience and the knowledge to make and keep the track good, they're just putting entirely too much money and effort into the facilities, and neglecting the track itself...that's the frustrating part. I talk to racers on a weekly basis that are regulars at Boyd's, and they cringe while admitting that this is the case.

dirt crow
03-29-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm sitting this one out. Main reason is lack of passing and multi lap side by side racing. Been to 4 races since McDowell took over. It's been ok. Seen worse. Seen better. Maybe Friday will be a heck of a race for those of you going.

3 wide
03-30-2017, 06:34 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to go or not I've been several times till it sold and I haven't seen a race yet the last time I was there the Dillon boys were there and they told McDowell need to put some water on the race track were they could pass and you right squared up they are putting there money in the wrong place.

squaredup12
03-30-2017, 07:21 AM
My guess is, and I wouldn't swear to this, but the track probably hasn't been touched all week. They'll work it ("prep" it) tomorrow during the day and then run it in about an hour before hot laps start...and my guess is, it'll be rubbered up, dried out and one lane by the end of the first heat race for support classes. Don't get me wrong I'll be there, but it'll be for the beautiful sound of a SLM motor with my fingers-crossed for seeing a good race.

badacefaist19
03-30-2017, 08:15 AM
Haven't decided yet or not. I would like to see Richards/Bloomquist battle there

RayCook53fan
03-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Hopefully the rain moving thru tonight will make up some for what the water truck hasn't done this week. It seems crazy that the track is never good with McDowell involved.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Hopefully the rain moving thru tonight will make up some for what the water truck hasn't done this week. It seems crazy that the track is never good with McDowell involved.

I would say its ti mcdowells liking

titbaby115
03-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Yeah cause Dale wins there so much and he has been working on the track all week they just got all the water pumped out of the inside of the track and I was there yesterday and he had it cut up and going to put more water on it today and run it in and seal it up so when it rains A lot tonight the water will just run off of it and they can just run it back in tomorrow if they have it most likely it will get rescheduled they lost A lot of parking for the fans to park because the creek is up some parts r just to muddy so if they do have it they will be shuttling people back and forth from the drag strip and fyi the owner wanted to cancel it Tuesday so because of Dale its still on for right now .

RayCook53fan
03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Yeah cause Dale wins there so much and he has been working on the track all week they just got all the water pumped out of the inside of the track and I was there yesterday and he had it cut up and going to put more water on it today and run it in and seal it up so when it rains A lot tonight the water will just run off of it and they can just run it back in tomorrow if they have it most likely it will get rescheduled they lost A lot of parking for the fans to park because the creek is up some parts r just to muddy so if they do have it they will be shuttling people back and forth from the drag strip and fyi the owner wanted to cancel it Tuesday so because of Dale its still on for right now .

That would be a lot easier to comprehend with some punctuation... that being said I am glad they are working hard to have the show, I will be there regardless of possible track conditions.

titbaby115
03-30-2017, 10:02 AM
My bad on the punctuation did not like writing in school don't like it now u got what I was saying.So let's just hope they get it in I will be at the SMR trailer helping Shane out with the car if anybody wants to stop by and say hi.Looking forward to r 3 day race weekend.

squaredup12
03-30-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm with you, RayCook53fan, on being there regardless...I'll be there with a smile on my face and hoping to see a great race. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me (and others) wrong on our track prep criticism.

squaredup12
03-30-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm with you, RayCook53fan, on being there regardless...I'll be there with a smile on my face and hoping to see a great race. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me (and others) wrong on our track prep criticism.

Turtle12
03-30-2017, 10:26 AM
I'll be there as well. Just looking forward to my first race of the year, whether it's a freight train or not.

Dirtking1225
03-30-2017, 10:45 AM
I plan on being there as well for better or worse

3 wide
03-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Good luck but I can't see it it will be over after time trails fast time will win unless they mess up I think I'll wait and go to duck river I know I'll see a show there I hope you see a race but it's not likely they just can't get it together over there.

acetone
03-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Good luck but I can't see it it will be over after time trails fast time will win unless they mess up I think I'll wait and go to duck river I know I'll see a show there I hope you see a race but it's not likely they just can't get it together over there.

well the jam packed crowd wont miss you and the negativity that you bring.

acetone
03-30-2017, 04:35 PM
I was at the shamrock. cars coming out of turn 2 running the high line, almost scraping the wall. great racing.

3 wide
03-30-2017, 06:20 PM
It will be packed because it is a Lucas oil race not the race track.

acetone
03-31-2017, 03:48 AM
I know this

squaredup12
03-31-2017, 06:18 AM
Just saw on DOD where Boyd's got new clay on the surface earlier this week and slightly increased the banking. Making me eat my track prep skepticism already?...guess we'll find out tonight.

MidTnDirtFan
03-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Just saw on DOD where Boyd's got new clay on the surface earlier this week and slightly increased the banking. Making me eat my track prep skepticism already?...guess we'll find out tonight.

That sounds good. The old clay was pretty worn out and a lot of rubber mixed with it.
I hope they have it down and packed where it won't come up under the abuse it will get tonight!!!!!
Either way I am driving down from Nashville to watch. Should be worth the trip.

GRT24
03-31-2017, 10:27 AM
Yep. They did put new clay on the track and added a little progressive banking to it to make the top a little faster.

hustler t4
03-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Thought Mac dad was out as far as the track goes. But heard he was on grader at the last race. Anyone know the scoop on this.

champion24
03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
I'll be there as well. Just looking forward to my first race of the year, whether it's a freight train or not.

Is this how many people feel? Just seeing race cars going in circles at any track is good enough? Curious. Glad Boyds is making some changes.

squaredup12
03-31-2017, 11:59 AM
I enjoy watching a race any day of the week, especially on dirt. What I don't enjoy is paying money (and more money for special/big events) to see a product that we all know can be better if the proper attention and work is put in the right areas...in this case in the track itself, not the facilities. We know it can be better cause we've seen it when it was. We've seen it far better at Boyd's in years past, and we see it better at other tracks in our area such as Crossville, 411, Senoia, etc. I'm going tonight though with high hopes for the work that the track crew has put in this week, and the water that the Good Lord blessed us with overnight.

dirty bert
03-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Been going to Boyd's for a while now. I agree that when the Harvey's had it the TRACK, the actual racing surface, was much better than it is now. The folks now have the experience and the knowledge to make and keep the track good, they're just putting entirely too much money and effort into the facilities, and neglecting the track itself...that's the frustrating part. I talk to racers on a weekly basis that are regulars at Boyd's, and they cringe while admitting that this is the case.If driver's would go somewhere else a week are two they would fix it.