PDA

View Full Version : Dunn-Benson/Bobby Pierce 2018 schedule released.

Shiny Side Up 18
01-02-2018, 12:23 AM
94 races. http://www.dunnbensonmotorsports.com/32schedule.html

BTExpress
01-02-2018, 06:13 AM
That might be the most aggressive DLM schedule in the country.....impressive.

SFrancisFan15
01-02-2018, 06:42 AM
That might be the most aggressive DLM schedule in the country.....impressive.

Agreed that's alot of racing.

Kwd1253
01-02-2018, 07:04 AM
???? It’s pretty much same as lot the Lucas driver schedule plus and minus Arizona and couple summer national event. Dennis Erb will have just about same schedule but Arizona.

TackyTracker
01-02-2018, 11:20 AM
I'd say that's a lot of racing... GL this year Bobby and crew

Krooser
01-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Should be interesting... we used to run three days per week May-August and some guys ran five nights per week just on our local circuit. Those were some busy schedules too.

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Anybody know if the Summer National races will be in the Dunn Benson car or will he be in the family car?

jog49
01-02-2018, 01:05 PM
According to the Dunn Benson schedule posted today (which you can find on this forum) it will be in that car.

Winston_Wolfe
01-02-2018, 01:20 PM
It will be interesting to see his return to Tazewell Speedway. He ended up on his lid there last time, but has lots more laps and success under his belt now. Still yet, more than a few drivers get a little nervous at the Taz! I also don't remember seeing him at Volunteer Speedway, so I'm looking forward to that one too.

Highside Hustler25
01-02-2018, 01:23 PM
That's nice. I know Big Earl ran Larry Moring's stuff when he would enter Hell Tour events. And I read earlier that he would be in Dad's stuff throughout the year.
I had earlier read that Bob was gonna tour the Country with Angie in the souvenir trailer and was NOT going to be crewing on the car. Now I read he's one of the crew chiefs. Guess we'll wait and see.

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Ya I can read people jump at any opportunity to put someone down its Bobbys schedule just cause Dunn Benson put it out doesnt necessarily mean it will be in that car it would be awesome to see it at Belle Clair on the 5th mile but if I was to bet he would be in the family car...thats why I asked...

Hollis
01-02-2018, 02:01 PM
http://www.dunnbensonmotorsports.com/123017pr.html

Kwd1253
01-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Ya I can read people jump at any opportunity to put someone down its Bobbys schedule just cause Dunn Benson put it out doesnt necessarily mean it will be in that car it would be awesome to see it at Belle Clair on the 5th mile but if I was to bet he would be in the family car...thats why I asked...

The ones listed will be in dunn car. Looking at his schedule they don't have gateway listed. So im sure he be in the family car for that.

smoothoperator32
01-02-2018, 02:20 PM

All races DBM

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Thanks Kwd..ive never seen Dunn Benson run a 5 grand show on a wed night thats why I was asking...

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 02:28 PM
All races DBMI just though he might do like Sheppard has done the last few years running his own stuff...cool with me either way...

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Just seen on Bobbys twitter he said all races are in the DBM car my bad for asking lol...

bullittwrench
01-02-2018, 04:50 PM
A couple questions for those in the know. 94 races. How many fresh engines will that take with 0 engine issues? Also did the DBM crew guys stay with the car or leave with Pearson? 94 races is a ton of tires to get ready, sheet metal to fix and shocks to keep fresh. How many crew guys will travel? 4 or 5? Plus guys at home building new cars?

smoothoperator32
01-02-2018, 04:56 PM
A couple questions for those in the know. 94 races. How many fresh engines will that take with 0 engine issues? Also did the DBM crew guys stay with the car or leave with Pearson? 94 races is a ton of tires to get ready, sheet metal to fix and shocks to keep fresh. How many crew guys will travel? 4 or 5? Plus guys at home building new cars?

The Dunn Benson Motorsports Team in 2018 will consist of several veterans of the sport including Bob Pierce as the crew chief for Bobby at the races, Kent Fegter, Randy Courtney, Danny Myers, Kelly Raynor, Red Fisher, Ralph Peiffer and Wayne Castleberry.

Cardirt0
01-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Well if its on the Dunn Benson schedule it be in the Dunn Benson car...Well I guess I should read all the posts be for i post your next post makes it clear...

Shiny Side Up 18
01-02-2018, 06:38 PM
A couple questions for those in the know. 94 races. How many fresh engines will that take with 0 engine issues? Also did the DBM crew guys stay with the car or leave with Pearson? 94 races is a ton of tires to get ready, sheet metal to fix and shocks to keep fresh. How many crew guys will travel? 4 or 5? Plus guys at home building new cars?I'm sure the Pierce shop will serve as another base of operations when they are in this neck of the woods. That should help a lot.

Cardirt0
01-03-2018, 09:15 AM
I'm sure the Pierce shop will serve as another base of operations when they are in this neck of the woods. That should help a lot.

I read that when they are around here they be working out of Bobs shop.. It would be the smart thing to do...

chupp n bloomer fan
01-03-2018, 10:04 AM
While a lot of racing, I think it’ll be good for them. Build chemistry, possibly backfire, but I think not, as long as they all give an take.

Best of luck to them, and hopefully Bobby comes into his own.

a25rjr
01-15-2018, 08:03 PM
After this past week, he will be racing weekly at Fayetteville Speedway and hopefully a few Summer Nationals! :)

rickybrown1952
01-15-2018, 10:17 PM
So he's going to run 9 UMP summer natlonals races wow that is one tuff schedule for sure

pierceFAN
01-15-2018, 10:41 PM
you guys are ridiculous...he finished 4th in points with a new chassis...new motor program and a complete new race team...not earls old team...a complete new team....and motors arent the same...there are different power curves....bobby has had chevys...fords are new to him...4th is pretty dam good considering

Cardirt0
01-15-2018, 11:14 PM
you guys are ridiculous...he finished 4th in points with a new chassis...new motor program and a complete new race team...not earls old team...a complete new team....and motors arent the same...there are different power curves....bobby has had chevys...fords are new to him...4th is pretty dam good considering

Will You May get a What out of this, But i have to agree with you,,They had to learn a lot and I think they did good while they did it...I think they are happy with this trip....

pierceFAN
01-15-2018, 11:30 PM
and some of the adjustments and setups are not the same as the Pierce car so you basicallyu start from scratch

Krooser
01-16-2018, 12:36 AM
No they start from where Rocket tells them to... far different than starting from scratch. And I don't think any drivers right foot can tell the brand of the engine that's under the hood.

You guys make it sound like they put a Studebaker engine in a home made car.

Drop Shock
01-16-2018, 12:57 AM
Definitely not impressive. I'd bet if they got some integras like ones on the house car he'd be a lot better. Bobbys xr-1 is the only one if seen that wants to pick up the left front wheel

blncfn57
01-16-2018, 05:44 AM
No they start from where Rocket tells them to... far different than starting from scratch. And I don't think any drivers right foot can tell the brand of the engine that's under the hood.

I'll disagree, a drivers foot can definitely tell the difference from one engine to another. Even a camshaft degreed in a couple degrees different in the same motor makes a big difference.

You make it sound like racecars are one size fits all.......

hucktyson
01-16-2018, 06:28 AM
So coozer , in your expert opinion of not even racing and when you do race planning to race a motor straight from a 79 Chevy 1 ton van , you don't think a world class driver can tell the difference between a wide smooth torque curve on a d3 ford and a light switch power curve on an old 9 degree dart headed motor ?? Let me guess they cant tell the difference between a 1200 lb convention spring with an old Monroe heavy duty shock on the right front and a 225 coilover with a bump stop on a Penske making 1000lb of zero point either ???

kidrock
01-16-2018, 06:42 AM

Just because they start where Mark or Steve Baker tells them where to start does not mean it fits Bobby driving style and it's possible this chassis may never fit his driving style. They might have to get the Pierce chassis back out. Only time will tell. Other drivers have sold chassis that didn't fit their driving style and only after having the car a few months so, it wouldn't be the first.

nuff said
01-16-2018, 07:33 AM
It does take time to switch to a new chassis and get the hang of it.It took JD 25-30 laps when he went to a Rocket from the BW's

Cardirt0
01-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Will you go watch all the DoD of Bobby and you will hear him say the car is T,, it heats the rear tire a lot faster then the old car did....If the Car is not to his Liken and he is still in the top 4 in points.. Look out if he finds a way to make it work....

nuff said
01-16-2018, 08:01 AM
All joking aside.When they get things figured out he is likely to be better than ever.