PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Dirt Nationals - St. Louis, MO - Dec. 2-4 - DRIVER ROLL CALL LIST

HoosierDirtFan
11-01-2021, 06:19 AM
Gateway Dirt Nationals
St. Louis, MO

Thursday, December 2nd - Saturday, December 4th 2021
Super Late Models
Modifieds
Midgets

ENTRY DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 8th 2021

DRIVER ROLL CALL LIST - - - - - WHO’S ALL REGISTERED FOR THIS RACE?

84 - Myles Moos

NeedforLM$peed
11-03-2021, 09:20 PM
Promo video by Flo

https://youtu.be/LQSKMRgrX_Q

50Dixon50
11-12-2021, 05:49 PM
Anyone know how much the ppv will cost?

Dlmfan123
11-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Anyone know how much the ppv will cost?Flo subscription

50Dixon50
11-12-2021, 07:03 PM
Flo subscription

How much does it cost?

Josh Bayko
11-12-2021, 07:19 PM
How much does it cost?

150 a year

HoosierDirtFan
11-19-2021, 05:19 PM
DRIVERS REGISTERED

Prelim Nights

THURSDAY
*ALPHABETICAL ORDER | LAST NAME*

SHANNON BABB
BLAKE BAILEY
JOSH BAKER
SCOTT BELL
ELLIOTT BINNEY
SCOTT BLOOMQUIST
CHRIS BRATCHER
TODD BRENNAN
NATHAN BROWN
TYLER CARPENTER
RACHEL CARPENTER
TANNER COLLINS
PATRIK DANIEL
RICHIE EDWARDS
ADAM ELLIOTT
TANNER ENGLISH
JASON FEGER
BOB GARDNER
JOE GODSEY
BILLY GREEN
RUSTY GRIFFAW
TREVOR GUNDAKER
KYLE HAMMER
JASON HIETT
JEREMIAH HURST
BUDDY ISLES JR
CHRIS JONES
DEWAYNE KIEFER
JEFFREY LEDFORD
DAVID MARLOW
RYAN MONTGOMERY
BLAIR NOTHDURFT
CHAD OSTERHOFF
BLANE PERKINS
DAKOTA RAYBURN
JEFF ROTH
ADAM SCHRAG
JEFFREY SHACKELFORD
BRANDON SHEPPARD
MARK SHIPMAN
BOB SIDENER
KEVIN SMITH
ARLEN STEWART
WILLIAM STILE
AUSTIN THEISS
RICKY THORNTON JR.
BRANDON TIBALDI
JOHN TROWBRIDGE
DOUG TYE
JASON WAGNER
DUSTIN WALKER
DAVID WEBSTER
BRANDON WHITE
JOEL WILLMAN
JERRY WINTERS
KYLE WISER
JONATHAN WOODS
LANDEN ZAKALOWSKI
JAYME ZIDAR
CHAD ZOBRIST
JASON ZOBRIST

*TENTATIVE & SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

- - - - - - - - - -

FRIDAY
*ALPHABETICAL ORDER | LAST NAME*

GARRETT ALBERSON
ROBERT ARDRY
LEVI ASHBY
MAX BAKER
CODY BAUER
ROB BAYARD
RICHARD BELL
BUDDY BROGAN
TIM BUSHA
AJ CAMPBELL
FREDDIE CARPENTER
CHRIS CARPENTER
KENNY COLLINS
JOEY COULTER
DELBERT CRUM
JONATHAN DAVENPORT
JOE DENBY
MATT DOOLEY
DEREK FETTER
JADON FRAME
GORDY GUNDAKER
MICHAEL HAMMERLE
WILLIAM HARRIS
MATT HENDERSON
JEFF HERZOG
ERIC HICKERSON
NICK HOFFMAN
CODY HOLTKAMP
AUSTIN HORTON
JOSEPH HUGHS
DANIEL JACOBER
GUNNER JOHNSON
JODY KNOWLES
MATT KOCH
JACOB MAGEE
RUBEN MAYFIELD
CHRIS MCKEEHAN
MYLES MOOS
BRIAN MULLINS
CHRIS NASH
CHARLES NEWBY
CHASE OSTERHOFF
BOBBY PIERCE
JASON RIGGS
JACK RIGGS
BRADY RUDD
RUSTY SCHLENK
MIKE SCHULTE
SAM SEAWRIGHT
DAVID SEIBERS
CHRISTOPHER SHOWAH
JEBADIAH SIMMONS
AUSTIN SIMPSON
RONNIE SMITH
MIKE SPATOLA
ROBBIE STUART
ERIK THORNE
ROBERT TINCHER
RYAN UNZICKER
JASON WELSHAN
MCKAY WENGER

*TENTATIVE & SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

NeedforLM$peed
11-22-2021, 04:57 PM
Says there is 122 cars entered

https://www.floracing.com/articles/7228490-late-model-roster-revealed-for-gateway-dirt-nationals?utm_campaign=106423gatewaydirtnati&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=article&utm_term=thumbnail.latemodelroster&rtid=106423&coverage_id=7086787

NeedforLM$peed
11-22-2021, 09:52 PM
This tweet sums it up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gasface25/status/1462958511508406282

HoosierDirtFan
11-23-2021, 01:15 PM
From Baldwin Facebook Page

Baldwin Racing Engines
1h ·
We have just received word that Scott Bloomquist Racing, along with Nick Hoffman, plan to field Baldwin LS engines in both cars at the Gateway Dirt Nationals in two weeks.

50Dixon50
11-23-2021, 06:03 PM
Only 9 more days to go

Mod Runner
11-25-2021, 01:40 AM
Be real interested in seeing how Bloomquist does with a Baldwin engine.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Be real interested in seeing how Bloomquist does with a Baldwin engine.

I think he's already ran one on a normal size track.

zyoung25
11-25-2021, 09:09 AM
I think he's already ran one on a normal size track.

I think you guys could be competitive out there with your truck motor.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-25-2021, 04:18 PM

That's the place for it, for sure.

NeedforLM$peed
11-25-2021, 04:32 PM
I think they ran the LS motor atleast twice for sure. The one was end of last year. I don't remember the track but they had over heating issues.

Wasn't Pierce running one a few times also but from Mullins?

t4g2
11-25-2021, 06:08 PM
Pierce and Babb had ls Mullins I believe Babb still runs one on smaller tracks aka Macon and such.

3 wide
11-26-2021, 06:10 AM
This wouldn't be for this track but it might be a game changer I saw that gm was coming out or has already came out with a 630 motor 1000 horsepower motor not sure what the cost is.

dirtcrazy4u
11-26-2021, 06:43 AM
They have, only issue is that it's primarily for drag racing. I'd love to see GM come out with a 900 HP dirt track motor. They have the market cornered for how many organizations that run there smaller crate motor programs. Come on GM get off your seats and get a big HP motor out for dirt racing.

thexfactor0210
11-26-2021, 07:31 AM
I thought I read somewhere those LS motors were like 26k new? Which would be a game changer like someone said for late model racing compared to 50-55k engines. Hopefully they can find a way to make them work on larger tracks. This should be the number priority to keep late model racing strong along with a cheaper shock and body rules!

NeedforLM$peed
11-26-2021, 08:49 AM
I think they ran the LS motor atleast twice for sure. The one was end of last year. I don't remember the track but they had over heating issues.

Bloomquist ran it end of last year at Volunteer during the Xrtreme series Grinch 40 race. There was another time but I don't remember.

zyoung25
11-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Hoffman ran it at 411 for the 20k FLO series race. Those things are everywhere. Just not a lot of big names run them yet.

Mod Runner
11-28-2021, 02:52 AM
Whomever goes to the race can keep an eye out for the ones running LS motors and report back in detail as to how they run against the other engines.

speedemon3b
11-28-2021, 06:50 AM
Pre entered not attending
Tim Bush’s, Jason Hewitt, Dustin Walker, Christopher Showah,

NeedforLM$peed
12-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Here's qualifying

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H0IQVxrAq1U

3 wide
12-02-2021, 07:07 PM
That's just a little too exciting for me.

NeedforLM$peed
12-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Looks like there's about 100 people in the stands.

champion24
12-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Just top 2 out of each heat?

Jim11h
12-02-2021, 10:13 PM
RTJ must not like short tracks! Lost quite bit respect for that cursing tirade. There's time and place, and I don't mind the f-bomb but be smart. Your a paid professional racer that tens of thousands would love to be and have his pinky toe of talent and acts like that on mic.

Birky.Fan
12-02-2021, 10:27 PM
RTJ must not like short tracks! Lost quite bit respect for that cursing tirade. There's time and place, and I don't mind the f-bomb but be smart. Your a paid professional racer that tens of thousands would love to be and have his pinky toe of talent and acts like that on mic.

Oh get over yourself, it was just a couple f-bombs. Telling me you wouldn't be pissed if someone cause a accident and you got involved?

zyoung25
12-02-2021, 10:31 PM
Thats just a product of that kind of racing. Tcarp done nothing to cause that wreck. The 9 got into him and all hell broke loose.

Jim11h
12-02-2021, 10:40 PM
Ohhh I'm not high and mighty I promise! Carpenter then ran mouth in victory lane like that, shame. I agreed with some things said that track equalizer and not making friends etc but some not needed.

So what's scoop with Gordy?

HoosierDirtFan
12-02-2021, 10:43 PM
Ohhh I'm not high and mighty I promise! Carpenter then ran mouth in victory lane like that, shame. I agreed with some things said that track equalizer and not making friends etc but some not needed.

So what's scoop with Gordy?

Simple solution for you. Turn the volume on what ever your listening on OFF.

NeedforLM$peed
12-02-2021, 10:50 PM
Remember that time Carpenter got ran off the H€ll tour after like 4 days...

Jim11h
12-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Hey, to each all. I miss raw excitement but this game has evolved a bunch and money huge. I like carpenter, schlenk, and more regional guys over stars but want to see them big time too and with money thrown around you just can't do that anymore unfortunately. You'd be hard pressed to find Owen's or davenport give interviews like that. Days of my favorite ever, Jack Hewitt, are over. FYI, yes I'd love a tyler carpenter repeat.

For what worth I remember years ago helping friend and carpenters we're winning often in east southern Ohio and hearing about them. We went to midway for I think a Monday alms show after Eldora. Short version this whooped pickup with so-so looking car pulled in on open trailer and heard was tyler. He if remember right was 15 and passenger in pickup, well car didn't look like much but it was good. Don't think won but was upfront. Guys that normally fast couldn't hit broad side of barn with shovel coming in toters etc

EvelB7
12-03-2021, 06:45 AM
It might be entertaining to watch but come on, clean it up a little bit. Wonder why dirt racing gets looked down upon (and it shouldn't), people turn this on for the first time.... On another note, I predict Hoffman will top three the late model tonight (win in the modified, second in the midget)- that is the kind of thing people should be talking about.

Tireguy17
12-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Be arrogant...Be edgy...Race to win and not be friends...Basically be Bloomer in his haydays.

But race people with respect and win because you were the best on the track not cuz you squeezed your competition between the walls. Tyler has to drive better to make the talk valid IMO.

B_K
12-03-2021, 06:54 AM
Talk your talk, but when you end up on your lid you better not say sh!t.

Pennsboro32
12-03-2021, 06:57 AM
This is dirt racing fellas. Say what you want but look at the pub it’s getting. You want pretty boys, who can’t say crap, go watch it on FS1/Fox.

riddle28
12-03-2021, 07:03 AM
id bet he dont win saturday if he tries all the blocking he was doin last night

Drop Shock
12-03-2021, 09:50 AM
I’m just sick of the small team poor pitiful me talk. Guy has had brand new parts to go on his brand new racecars for about 6 years now. Act like you’ve been there before

over4T
12-03-2021, 09:52 AM
Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out.

Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk.

A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.

Drop Shock
12-03-2021, 10:07 AM
If you have a DirtonDirt account read what Sheppard has to say about the situation. That’s a guy that understands the sport as good as anyone, and he calls it like he sees it. The 28 is a jackwagon

formercrewguy
12-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out.

Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk.

A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.

He sure didn't make any friends last night. Well said!

JM15
12-03-2021, 10:10 AM
Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out. Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk. A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.I am not a Carpenter fan at all but I didn’t think he did anything wrong that caused Thornton and Sheppard to get taken out. That said, I don’t think he will ever attract any serious help sponsorship wise because of the way he handles himself off track. Sometimes you just need to shut up and let people wonder if your an idiot. He removes all doubt every time he speaks.

Barbecueboy
12-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Talk your talk, but when you end up on your lid you better not say sh!t.

I don’t think you meant it as one, but I think that’s a pretty good prediction of where the 28 will end up this weekend at some point.

I like watching him be aggressive, and he seems like he probably knows he’s got one coming to him……you know what I don’t see anywhere this morning though?? Any of his idiot fans making excuses for his driving.

Not one brake pad or throttle sticking excuse anywhere…..very refreshing.

Highside Hustler25
12-03-2021, 11:22 AM
The last 2 sentences in post #45 are pretty spot on.
Should make for good entertainment the next 2 nights.
I love when they shove that mic right in their face when their temper is gonna override the brain every time. RTJ, that was some serious potty mouth. Didn't think he had it in him.

NeedforLM$peed
12-03-2021, 11:41 AM
It says on DoD that Jamey Zidars left front got into the right rear of Carpenter and it caused Zidars car to turn towards the infield collecting Sheppard and Rtj. How was that Carpenters fault.

If some of these guys aren't expecting contact to happen every race, every lap they should probably load up, go home and sip eggnog.

50Dixon50
12-03-2021, 11:52 AM
I like the fact that he's very aggressive but he don't have to be so ignorant about everything

klemmabyna
12-03-2021, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvbZtZji0o

B_K
12-03-2021, 01:03 PM
BBQ, true, and I don’t really have a problem with his talking (not my style, but whatever), as long as he understands what is 100% coming to him sometime soon. The whole not here to make friends thing is fine, but you take it too far and you make enemies. Enemies are expensive in this sport and if you’re always crying about low funding (and he is), you’re being counterproductive to your cause in the long term.

Never met any of them, they just always seem to have a lot going on. More power to them. Makes for some good Springer type sideshow entertainment, but it takes the focus off of the fact the guy is a pretty decent wheelman too much IMO.

nc mudcat
12-03-2021, 02:03 PM
I have no issue with his driving, his mouth is another issue. When his little girls talk like him, he'll wonder why. When sponsors won't pay for his racing, he'll wonder why.

EvelB7
12-03-2021, 02:11 PM
My point was it not only effects him, but others in the sport as well. I have no problem with the 'personality', just clean it up when your in the spot light (I am no saint and can curse with the best of them, but know the time and place). Races like this would be great to show potential sponsors- until the winner stands in victory lane with a mouth like that....

th3Swami
12-03-2021, 02:23 PM
ricky msnbc thornton

TS FAN
12-03-2021, 04:14 PM
Putting Bloomer into the wall? Har Har

Get ready. There is going to be a bunch of hurt feelings the next couple days. Just look at the size of the track, right?

Highside Hustler25
12-03-2021, 05:55 PM
The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.

zyoung25
12-04-2021, 10:50 AM
If you have a DirtonDirt account read what Sheppard has to say about the situation. That’s a guy that understands the sport as good as anyone, and he calls it like he sees it. The 28 is a jackwagon

He was wrong about the part of the touring guys racing with respect or getting junked part. Those guys arent allowed to touch each on or off the track if they have a problem. The rest of the stuff I can agree with.

lmcryn2
12-04-2021, 12:21 PM
The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.Your glasses are fogged from all that hot air too... 😆

T-MAC 39 FAN
12-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Your glasses are fogged from all that hot air too... 

At least he can see!😎

lmcryn2
12-04-2021, 01:30 PM
That ain't what your mom said...HAHAHAHAHAHA

HoosierDirtFan
12-04-2021, 02:12 PM
BREAKING: Midgets will not be a part of the Gateway Dirt Nationals in 2022! BUT WAIT THERES MORE! The Gateway Dirt Nationals is set for three more years in the Dome

CIRF
12-04-2021, 02:46 PM
BREAKING: Midgets will not be a part of the Gateway Dirt Nationals in 2022! BUT WAIT THERES MORE! The Gateway Dirt Nationals is set for three more years in the Dome

Great news on both counts! Given the lack of support by top echelon midget competitors (Chris Windom being the lone exception) they won't be missed.

NeedforLM$peed
12-04-2021, 04:05 PM

That's really no surprise since O'Reilly's signed like a 5 year presenting deal in 2019

T-MAC 39 FAN
12-04-2021, 04:36 PM
That ain't what your mom said...HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know she said you're a rogue! 😉

over4T
12-04-2021, 11:05 PM
Never really thought of Oklahoma as a hot bed for Midgets but Jonathan Beason who swept all 3 nights at Gateway is another impressive Okie. He adds to teenage Timms and Macintosh who were impressive at Placerville and Ventura last week. Has the Chili Bowl in Tulsa fostered the Midgets interest or was the interest always there?

I was a little surprised at the lack of big names in St. Louis but enjoyed the little cars as usual and hate to see them dropped in the coming years.

50Dixon50
12-05-2021, 04:29 AM
Don't like midgets

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2021, 07:51 AM
I enjoy the midgets over the mods. Midget feature was the best of the 3 in my opinion. Gonna miss em.

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2021, 08:29 AM
The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.

Twice 😉..........

Thedoctor
12-05-2021, 09:32 AM
The midget feature was the best of the 3 last night. I was a little disappointed in the late model feature after all the drama on Thursday. I felt the race could of been longer for what they pay out .

JimBo
12-05-2021, 10:18 AM
I also enjoyed the midget feature and thought they were best suited for the size of the track. To bad, they will not be back next year.

lmcryn2
12-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Butt'm sure I could have done better, even at my age, and never been in a racecar........... I like how he has done it a lot better then you've never tryed........... 🤘😁

stock car driver
12-05-2021, 11:11 AM
You guys whining about interviews act like dirt late model racing is a big deal. Its not its just dirt track racing it could easily be said its at the bottom of dirt track racing even there are far more tracks with street stocks bombers modifieds etc. than super late models.

Buford.Justice
12-05-2021, 11:31 AM

Nice!!!!! :)

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Butt'm sure I could have done better, even at my age, and never been in a racecar........... 

Well, the Blackman lives😁😄😆😉.
Where ya been lil fella? Replacing front end parts on Bloomers hot rod?🤪
Was worried you were caught up in a Chtcago driveby.

CIRF
12-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Never really thought of Oklahoma as a hot bed for Midgets but Jonathan Beason who swept all 3 nights at Gateway is another impressive Okie. He adds to teenage Timms and Macintosh who were impressive at Placerville and Ventura last week. Has the Chili Bowl in Tulsa fostered the Midgets interest or was the interest always there?

I was a little surprised at the lack of big names in St. Louis but enjoyed the little cars as usual and hate to see them dropped in the coming years.

over4T, Beason runs very good at The Chili Bowl. IIRC he's won a prelim night A-main and has been on the podium on his prelim night on 2 other occasions. Not an easy accomplishment! Factor in Christopher Bell, McIntosh and Timms the Oklahoma midget contingent give a very good account of themselves. Donnie Ray Crawford was also on his way to making significant waves in the midget ranks prior to his untimely murder.

The dome thing has fallen out of favor with most of the big names of midget racing. There were 80 invitations extended and only 20 of those 80 were accepted with Windom, Beason, Ronnie Gardner and maybe a couple of others like Shane Cottle being the best known choosing to show up. I could be wrong but I'd bet a dollar that there will be twice as many cars at the Du Quoin USAC midget show in two weeks as was at the dome.

It's sad that the midgets are loathe to support the dome deal, thus being dropped from the show, since the small cars put on a much better show on that particular track than the larger mods and DLM's.

I have to admit that the track was in very good shape for the Saturday night late model A-main than it was the previous 2 nights and earlier in the show on Saturday. Kudo's to Kevin for making that happen!

over4T
12-05-2021, 12:36 PM
CIRF, There's lots of very competitive Midgets out here, as you know, and didn't know the Dome had turned off so many people. Purse is pretty good and no one goes to those shows to make money anyways so Corona's Gardner being the only guy from California to make the trip was puzzling.

I suppose part of why I liked the show (won't call it racing) is I got to watch somebody else's equipment get the tar beat out of it for a change.

Got a few minor things to fix on the old car and lot of stuff to do on the new car before our '22 season begins New year's Day, weather permitting, so on a nice 65 degree day guess it's out to the shop.

CIRF
12-05-2021, 12:58 PM
CIRF, There's lots of very competitive Midgets out here, as you know, and didn't know the Dome had turned off so many people. Purse is pretty good and no one goes to those shows to make money anyways so Corona's Gardner being the only guy from California to make the trip was puzzling.

Yes there are plenty of top flight midgets out your way, over4T. We watched a bunch of them mix it up quite nicely with the Midwestern guys and gals at Placerville and Ventura the weekend before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving weekend! Just got home from out your way yesterday and we're already talking about next year. Hope we can hook up for a beer or two next year!!

Good luck New Years Day and throughout next season!!

Mod Runner
12-05-2021, 10:10 PM
Maybe they should have paid the midget racers more money.