Thread: RR dominance

Default RR dominance

Is RR driving the car now more and more? Know rr weight played with but these cars look to be burying rr onto surface and driving off it more and more. Thus creating the lf lift

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Is RR driving the car now more and more? Know rr weight played with but these cars look to be burying rr onto surface and driving off it more and more. Thus creating the lf lift
    It is the most important corner of the car. I'm going to play devil's advocate a minute here. If the rr is working really hard, it's usually lifting the chassis, cause it's a 4 link. That would put the LF back down on the surface.

These cars are basically running on the rf, LR and rr. The rear is skewed to point towards the rf tire with the roll steer. Depending on load split and axle skew, the thrust vector of the rear is either inline with the rf, or to the left or right of it. That point determines how tight the car is on throttle.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 2
    Eldora - 2

Your totally correct on lifting RR, but it's also lifting the whole chassis is my understanding. That was one of updates on domination cars was lowering rr underslung.

So simplified, if rear just thinking rr with rf line up your saying if rr turned more toward outside wall than rf your loosening car and opposite tightening car on throttle.

So simplified, if rear just thinking rr with rf line up your saying if rr turned more toward outside wall than rf your loosening car and opposite tightening car on throttle.
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

IMO, you do want lots of travel on the rr, but only when Francis gets the jack out. There's plenty of people that will tell you that you need to pick the rr up with anti squat, but it sure does suck when you get to the corner.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 2
    Eldora - 2

Hence the chaining rr to cancel the lift and apply force to tire?

Hence the chaining rr to cancel the lift and apply force to tire?
    The idea is to control how high it gets. It doesn't result in more force, actually less, as the lift stops. Load comes from lift as you remove load from the other corners. Once a limiter is tight, all the forces in all directions have balanced out, as far as between the axle and the chassis.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 2
    Eldora - 2

So as take links out of chain what should be expected. Trying to put into theory what you said

So as take links out of chain what should be expected. Trying to put into theory what you said
    Tighter on throttle, in general. As always, depends how fast/when it's topping out and the resulting steer from the travel and steer lost. But, I always wind up tighter. Your mileage may vary
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 2
    Eldora - 2

When put that way it makes total sense. Like you pointed out, shorter chain means less roll steer

When put that way it makes total sense. Like you pointed out, shorter chain means less roll steer
    Not exactly. When the rr climbs it's typically reducing roll steer. Remember roll steer is created from the lf and rr moving in opposite directions. The big effect of chaining the rr lower is less bar angle witch equals less drive. And I don't know about domination but most builders were lowering the rr underslung to help with the droop rule. But I believe that's went by the wayside because I think their back to checking with the lr only off the ground