Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Just my humble opinion.

KTMLew, As far as bodies go, its as easy as a program like ABC.

https://assets.starsnationaltour.com...lebook-web.pdf

88" wide is plenty. Most of the aero issues is the fact the car has a left side side board via the top of the body, a flat angled roof, it's a wedge car up the middle, the nose is 5" tall in frontal height, etc. it is a wedge car just like Swartz ran in 1982.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 2
    Eldora - 2

I remember the nerf bar being larger and sticking out way farther. But my old brain could be exaggerating.

Note page 15 in the link I provided.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    How do you establish body rules on 18 different chassis designs? Have to measure from somewhere. Where is the centerline? Go off crank centerline? I'd be satisfied with 1990 STARS body. Looks similar to what they running now but not twisted. Little lower rear deck with symmetrical body. Wish you could post pictures here. But getting a comment on is hard enough.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...y+Guss+Jr..jpg
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Cool

Big old whale tail !

I remember that Larry Phillips, 1978 Mustang. Very cool at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You can post pictures KTM. Take the picture you posted on here. First you put the mouse on the picture you want to post. Then you right click on the picture. A list appears and you choose "copy image address". Then you make a post on 4M and click "paste". A web address will appear on your post. Then you use [img]at the front of the address and use [/img] at the end of the address.

Then when you are are done posting any comments, if any, you hit the "submit reply button, bottom right.

Give it a try!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Big old whale tail !
    Spoiler is easy to change. General shape of body is what we talking about.

I've tried all this stuff before. Never works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about this body shape. The car. Not HittMan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Otay buckwheat. Think I got it now. The board is supposed to do this for you. Guess software is too old/broken/virus laden.

Post #34 red car was Tim Hitt original Rocket House Car. They didn't call it the house car as he raced at the track they were running. Didn't dominate mainly because car was a test bed. Was top 3 guy but didn't will a ton of races. Good smooth really nice guy. This car is one I worked on when he needed extra help. i had my own garage to run. Couldn't just shut down and go on the road with him. The other car was a tribute deal at I think Elkins special event. Tim something owned the car.

MasterSbilt_Racer,

In your opinion, why do the National Series NOT get the body situation under control, like what some of us are talking about?

The CRA/ASA body template ABC program link that I posted is an achievable type of measurement or template program for all of Dirt Late Model sanctioning bodies. I’m at a loss for words why the sanctioning bodies don’t do something like the ABC program.

Your thoughts?

Well? That can't drive Hunt The Front guy just won his heat with Big Sexy rubbing all over him. First trip to Lancaster. Said his main problem was, about fell out of the seat. Not sure how he'll make 50 laps, laughing. Said car wasn't good enough across the middle. Seemed pretty good on the straights though. Pulled Overton 3-4 car lengths. Now let's see how far he backs up thru the field in main.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Well? That can't drive Hunt The Front guy just won his heat with Big Sexy rubbing all over him. First trip to Lancaster. Said his main problem was, about fell out of the seat. Not sure how he'll make 50 laps, laughing. Said car wasn't good enough across the middle. Seemed pretty good on the straights though. Pulled Overton 3-4 car lengths. Now let's see how far he backs up thru the field in main.
    Yea that interview was funny. I'm here watching it and he earned that heat race. Said he was wore out lol.
    Also chris ferguson broke a drive shaft but he turned motor off and nothing else broke. Let's see if he can last the full race.
    Ben Watkins shut car down coming to checker and said fuel leak of some sort. Going to fix it . He starts on pole.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!