Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's more boring watching on TV than in real life though. There's plenty of other action on the track besides the leader, cameras can only focus on so many things at once. The first two rows will win the race, but there's usually someone that started in the back and is doing some amazing stuff charging through the pack. That rhymed by accident.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It's more boring watching on TV than in real life though. There's plenty of other action on the track besides the leader, cameras can only focus on so many things at once. The first two rows will win the race, but there's usually someone that started in the back and is doing some amazing stuff charging through the pack. That rhymed by accident.
    You're a poet and don't know it, But you're big toe showed it because it was a Longfellow ! Usually there is someone that got the hard charger award that passes about 9 cars that makes it exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I knew it too and said so about JD. Here is the thing, Eldora actually has a good format if you look at it. What happened with JD was just getting lucky to land in the sixth heat with cars easy to beat. Florence has taken on a similar format which I like too.

I do not like the way Lucas does their usual format. There should be a pill draw for the first eight drivers who qualify through the heats.

As far as what I watch, I have not changed. Sprints, LM, and Nascar. All of it. I do not have to choose one over the other because I watch it all delayed.
    You’re on to something. Jd has had the best car at Eldora in recent years however he’s had a ton of luck there too. Hitting the draws right, etc. I’m not taking anything away from him though.

2 more Lucas races and the pole sitter leads all 25 laps, all that after an awesome IRA/Maverick sprint car race! Dirt late racing has to do something to make this racing attractive or exciting.

Good call play4kps. I went to Lincoln Park last night for the IRA / Maverick show. 55 winged cars strong. And we saw passing! The feature was a torrid battle through traffic. And then saw awesome slide jobs and lead changing passes on the final two laps. Late models and their aero are running us diehard fans off.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I have to be 100% honest, I never thought I would say this, but I fond dirt late model racing today boring. I have flo and dirtvision and I have to be honest, I choose sprint car racing almost every time live when faced with the choice. After the Dream this year, wow, no passing, high limit, ohio sprint speedweek, Usac, and the WOO sprints, its almost a no brainer. And trust me, I 've been a huge dirt late model fan for decades. The sport is in big trouble if they dont make it more exciting.
    You correct set fast set one the pole lead every lap except for a few tracks that are worked and you can pass on and there are not many 100 lap races anymore.